I don't know if it's my Irish and Polish roots, or the fond memories of my grandmother saving me some her amazing potatoes every time she made some; but, I cannot ever turn down a good potato dish! Mashed, fried, salad, I cant get enough! However, in my humble opinion, roasted is the way to go!
Think about it… how can you say no to a pile of crispy golden potatoes on your plate? In the past couple years, I have made every effort to make my meals healthier while making sure they remain absolutely delicious!
This recipe was developed in an effort to curb my French fry addiction. I love a good fry that is covered in an herby garlicky seasoning (hello First and South… your fries give me life), so when my husband and I were craving fries a few months back I tried to mimic those flavors while keeping it healthy.
Roasted potatoes were the answer I was looking for. I have made this recipe in several variations but this is one of my favorite spice and herb combinations.
These potatoes are crispy, flavorful, and sure to curb that French fry craving! Added bonus: the turmeric in the spice mixture has amazing inflammatory properties, has amazing antioxidant pr properties, aids in digestion and has more! I try and sneak this amazing ingredient into most of my dishes, and it works so well in this one!
The best part of this recipe is that it is husband and friend approved! Every time I have made these they seem to disappear! Stop by our farm stand to pick up some potatoes and parsley so you can try them out and see for yourself! Let me know in the comments what you think! Enjoy!
1/2 tsp dill
2 tsp fresh chopped parsley
3 garlic cloves
1/2 tsp turmeric
1 1/2 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp paprika
1 tbs olive oil
1 quart of potatoes from Krupski Farms
- Preheat your oven to 425°F.
- Cut your potatoes into small evenly sized pieces. I usually cut the potatoes in half, and then half them two more times.
- Place your cut potatoes into a medium sized bowl, and add your chopped parsley, dill, and the rest of your spices and drizzle with the Olive oil.
- Toss all ingredients until the mixture fully costs the potatoes.
- Spread the potatoes out as flat as possible on a baking sheet. I prefer to use a baking sheet with a wire rack. This helps to keep the potatoes from burning, while allowing them to crisp up perfectly!
- Place the potatoes into the oven and bake for 40-45 min or until golden brown. I usually turn them over once half way through to make sure they crisp up evenly.
- Serve those bad boys and enjoy!
I promise that this dish will become a household favorite! This has become highly requested whenever I have potatoes in the house, and I can't ever seem to say no! Try this out a few times, and start experimenting by adding different spices! Try whipping up a sauce for the dipping ( I like to mix up 1/4 cup Dijon mustard, 2 TBS of white wine vinegar, parsley, dill and honey).
I'm willing to bet that you won't even miss those fries you were craving when u try these babies out! I hope you stop by the stand today to pick up your fresh ingredients and try them for yourself!